Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Running pains...

A few weeks ago, i ran my not-so-scheduled 17 miler. Let me tell you that it was no usual run. There were coyotes, lots of deer, a strange man stopping to ask for directions (twice) and plenty of pain in my legs. It was just one of those mornings that i thought would never ever end. At the end i was like "can i even count that as a run? it was more like a trip to a really strange outdoor mall." Anyway, I haven't done much more than a 10 miler since then and looks like i am supposed to go 26.2 in about 4 weeks.

My left foot is killing me and it feels like someone is running a fingernail file over my IT band every time i run. Saw the doc today and, much to my giddy surprise, he didn't tell me to sit out for a bit or take a few weeks off. Though, he did use the word "moderation". I don't have time (or discipline) for moderation. I got educate my body to serious pain...and i mean right quick.

if you have any words of wisdom, lay 'em on me. Otherwise, I'll see you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment