Monday, July 26, 2010

Lunch date...


We (Karen, Ella, Will, Jonathan) were eating a really quick lunch at the house today since I was able to get away from the office for a bit. I had to go outside for some reason and Ella starts a conversation with Karen that went something like this:
E: Where is he going?
K: (being a silly mommy) He's going to walk back to work, I guess.
E: No he's not Mommy.
K: Yes he is...he's walking to work.
(I re-enter from outside and pick up the rest of the conversation)
E: SEE MOMMY!!! I knew he wasn't going back to work!
K: How did you know?
E: Daddy never leaves the house without giving me a kiss...

Yep, I melted...nearly had a real live breakdown right there in the kitchen.

Sushi woulda been good...but it wouldn't have held a candle to PB&J with my peeps.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog! I love it. I cannot wait to meet you and your wife. Your kids are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice. Made my face smile.

    Ever thought about incorporating this same exercise with your pastor?

    1 Thess. 5:26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran: "adorable" is one way to put it. However, today, at lunch, Ella asked if I would go live with "Nana and Poppy" so she can have a cat!! (they make me sneeze)

    Ben: I'll consider it.

    ReplyDelete