Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gettin' SMOKED...(and loving it)

I love early (okay middle and late too) Spring. Sure, the grass is green and the flowers are pretty and, well, that's nice. But what's even better is that I finally get to stop dressing like a Sherpa to go for runs. It's the time of year when the season has just the right balance of air to make any run, at any time of day, a good one.

For one reason or another though, I have been a big ole lazy tail this Spring (you're right, "big ole" might be a stretch...but still, you get the idea). But, over the last few weeks or so I have found myself getting back in the game. This is in large part due to the fact that my bride has been smokin' me for the last couple of months. No kidding...SMOKIN' me. She's been getting up, running her 4 to 6 miles and getting ready for her day all before I hit the snooze button for the first time. And trust me, her "normal" day of dealing with Ella and Will are far more physically demanding that my "saving the world one case at a time" job.

Truthfully, I love that she is running again. Why? 'Cuz she loves it. I am blown away by her dedication and discipline to wake up at 4:30 to "do something for herself" so that she doesn't have to take time away from doing everything that she does for us.


NEXT YEAR I'LL BE CARRYING THE PURSE AND SHE'LL BE DOING THE RUNNING!! :-)

--OUT

2 comments:

  1. yes you will!!! Go Karen Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly: I researched that trail marathon. call so we can chat about it. It's got your name written all over it!!

    ReplyDelete